Tuesday, May 22, 2012

PRAYER CONCERNS

I requested that two people be added to our prayer concern list. I would like to add some information about them. Dr. James Olney and his wife Teri, both have cancer and live in Granbury. Jim was the District Superintendant of the Brownwood District that included my home church of Cross Plains. He was forced to resign due to increased problems with his lung cancer. I have been praying for both of them for years and he has gone up and down with the disease. They retired to live in Granbury. I think they attend First UMC.

The other name is Charles Herndon who is an engineer I worked with in 1957-60 who retired from General Dynamics and moved to Granbury a number of years ago. His wife was named Woman of the Year in Granbury in 2010. Last year he was diagnosed with cancer of the esophagus and has been battling it with the help of "a program involving Guided Imagery developed by Gerald White who is a member of our church. He is about my age. He developed a program to involve utilizing ones mental strength and prayer to activate the immunity system to eliminate the damaging cancer cells. You may be interested in using the internet to learn more of his approach (www.cancerwarsmaarsjourney.com)."

I looked at the reference and was impressed by another Granbury engineer. I continue to pray for both and hope you will join me. Charles

No comments:

Post a Comment